Monday 7 October 2013

Of the Dead and the Faceless

Hello again. So, my party was last week. I couldn't have it on my actual birthday unfortunately, because some of my friends were busy. But we went out and celebrated later. It's all the same in the end. It was all pretty simple really, we went to a couple bars, drank some beers. Mark tried to set me up with some chick he met, didn't work out. Some drunk guy punched Johnny, he was thrown out. It seems all my friends drink far more than me. I'm more of a casual drinker, rather than a "drink to get drunk" kinda guy.

Of course it still lead to the most disturbing dream I've had so far.

I was standing on a field of black rock, onyx or obsidian maybe, when a person appeared in front of me as if it were always there, I don't remember it being there before I remembered, if that makes any sense. The person was thin, and its face was a blank canvas; it wore a black cloak that rendered it almost invisible against the dark field of stone.

I stood before it, its gaze of non-existence tore through me, ripping away at my mind. I screamed uncontrollably. I heard a high-pitched screech that drowned out my own screams and I dropped to my knees. A thick fog rolled in, surrounding me. Where the fog touched me, my flesh rotted and fell from my bones. My skin, my muscles, my organs all fell away.

Now skeletonised (that should be a word) the screeching died away and I rose to my bone-feet. I looked into the eyes of the eyeless beast and struck out, my hands raking through it. It turned to an ink black fluid, collapsing to the ground fully. Fallen.

But it rose up against me again, its now liquid form lurching towards me. It wrapped itself around my skeletal-self, pouring between my bones. I struggled to be free and fought for air despite having no lungs. I gasped, the ink poured into my mouth, consuming me from all sides.

I became nothing but darkness in a world of darkness.

I don't know how disturbing other people will find it, but to me, it was so vivid, too vivid. My mind hurt so much. I needed air so much. I couldn't stand it. Just remembering it now, I can't help but shudder.

I'll tell you about some other weird dreams I've been having some other time. For now, I need to get a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment